Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What you make it.

I'm a firm believer that life is what you make it. Happiness is a choice. Everybody has trials, hard times, bad days, and sometimes steps in poop. Or in my case, sticks their finger in it. But how we choose to react to these is what creates our happiness. My life isn't perfect. However, when I wake up every morning, I'm grateful I woke up, and I take a few minutes and I remind myself of my blessings. It makes for a much better day.
I'm married to prince charming.{Is he perfect, he says no, but I think otherwise}
I have 3 healthy children, {are they perfect and never fight or earn a time out? No.}
We have a roof over our heads {is it small, yes, Is it my dream house, no}
We have food to eat. {Is it Ruth's Chris for dinner? NEVER}
We have reliable vehicles to drive. {Did I want to drive a mini van at 22 years old? No. Would I rather have a beautiful fancy Blizzard pearl Lexus SUV, YES! Would Mike rather have his Tundra than his Prius? Probably.}
I'm grateful for my health. { Is this body perfect? No, I have stretch marks. Lots of them. And I have aches and pains, But as far as I'm concerned it's pretty dang awesome, I don't have any health issues, and I thank God for that everyday, especially with this pregnancy.}
I'm grateful to be able to bear children. {Do I hate being pregnant, yes. But I know that there are millions of other women who would do or give anything to feel the pains and anguish of pregnancy, and will never be able to in this mortal life}  
I'm grateful to have sufficient for our needs. {Do I have a million dollars in the bank, Heck no.}
I'm grateful for the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And so grateful to have the priesthood in my home, to bless my life and the lives of my children.
The list is far to long to include everything.
You know, We could choose to focus on the things that we don't have, or that we lack. But that just leads to an unhappy life. Life is way too short to be unhappy. Don't get me wrong, there are days that I am frustrated, cry, or am just sad. But I'm grateful for those days too. Without those days, how do we know how great every other day is. How do we know the sweet without the bitter, how do we know the joy without sorrow? We don't. It's a perfect plan created by a perfect master. Make the choice to lead a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment