Wednesday, June 22, 2011

VT for June.

Okay so the visiting teaching message this month is on provident living! I was excited. So here's what I threw together for this months lesson. yeah, not every month is like this. I just happen to love this topic.
Here is the link to the cute little hand out.

And here is the recipe for the cookie mix in a jar.
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar

Layer those into the jar, flour, oatmeal, chocolate chips, brown sugar, white sugar, powder, soda, salt.
Make sure to put the directions on the jar or on the handout.

To that add
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter {melted and cooled}
1 Tablespoon vanilla. Yes you read that right, All of my cookies have obscene amounts of vanilla.

Mix that all together {you may have to use your hands to incorporate it all. I don't do this one in my mixer}

Use a cookie scoop and then bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. It makes 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment