Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I am turning into my mother...

WoOoOoOo HoOoOoO! I can't tell you how excited I am. Today we got our Earth Box. We had to start from seed, because the only plants at the nursery were peppers. Yuck. So, Here's hoping it goes well. And in a few/several weeks, hopefully we will have some squash, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. Shoot, I'll be happy if we get even one of those! I think I'm going to get an additional box and try some melons... We will see. Amazon also had a great deal {$6} on the topsy turvey planter, So we got a strawberry one for this year, and a tomato one for winter.
I would put up pictures, but there really isn't much to see. So I'l keep you updated on how it goes.
But I will say the trip to the nursery was so exciting. I can't wait to have a yard, so we can have a square foot garden, And how excited I am to have blackberry and raspberry bushes! And maybe a fruit tree or 2. Some of my best memories growing up are eating raspberries off the bush, and pickin cherries from the tree and poppin em in my mouth! I have to say... I am turning into my mother. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I remember looking at her when she was out in her garden LOVING life, thinking, what in the heck is wrong with her? Who on earth would want to do that? Well, I do. I can't believe it either folks.


4 comments:

  1. How about THIS. I always grew up picking and eating wild blackberries... with the thorns, ya know. WELL. Apparently you can buy THORNLESS blackberry bushes!! Who knew! My mom has one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! Good to know! And I have already discovered mistake number one that I made... I didn't stagger my seeds. Like plant some this week some next week, etc... So I'm going to have like a bunch of produce all at once... If they even grow... oh well, Its a learning experience and this is why I'm starting now, so that when we get into the house I don't have to learn then, and ruin the real garden...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was turning into your mother! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's soooo awesome!! Gardening is so much fun, and let me tell you what EVERY season is a learn experience. As for your raspberry and blackberry bush ideas. You don't have to wait until you get a house, in fact I would totally recommend getting a planter box and start them now. They take LOTS of seasons to really start producing. And since you cut them back every year they're easy to transport. Mine are on season 3 and are finally starting to be a bush.

    ReplyDelete