Saturday, June 4, 2011

3 month supply

Okay so this is what I'm working on right now...Can I just say how much I love Food storage made easy.
I have their binder, It has tons and tons of great information, shelf life list, calculators, and recipes. It cost $17 and you have to print it, but to me it's a must have. You can download it here.
Remember when I told you we did things backwards and had our long term supply and not our 3 month supply? That's what I've been working on lately. For me our short term is more time consuming than our long term was {and that was time consuming!!} But I came across FSME's 3 month spreadsheet planner. Hallelujah! Thank heavens I found it, because I have no brain right now and it totally takes the brainwork out of it!  Go to their site and download the spreadsheet and then watch the youtube tutorial on how to use it.
It's time consuming, so plan a few days an hour at a time or so. For our 3 month supply I have been couponing to stock up on some basics. Mostly non food items like shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, deodorant, body wash, toothpaste, stuff like that, and have actually gotten pretty good at it, paying mostly a few cents for things, and even making money on a few trips...But I have also found some really useful food coupons on whole grain pasta, and organic super lean ground beef, and a few other Natural and organic things. I know, I said I'd never do it, I'm a liar. So, now on to the meal planning and figuring out how much to freeze, how much we have, and how much I still need to buy. I figure this will take me the next few months, I want to have it done before the baby comes. I am hoping to have a menu written down for all 3 months and have everything we need to make it on hand, well, at least the basics, the grains, the meats, Some frozen veggies, just minus the fresh produce. And hoping to have a few weeks of frozen meals in the freezer. Man alive, Looking at it all and seeing how much there really is to do is really overwhelming, {can someone get me a brown paper bag to hyperventilate into please?} But one baby step at a time, and little by little, I'm going to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment