Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I love him!



I totally love my husband. He had to run into work this morning to deliver a a vehicle, and the plan was as soon as he got home we would take the kids swimming. Well, He got home at around noon and by then the smoke was so bad that there was no way we could be out there. So he gathered them around the coffee table and asked them who they could ask for help. They decided that a prayer would be a good option. So they knelt down and offered a prayer that the smoke would clear enough at some point in the day that they could go swimming and play with daddy on his day off. So we made cookies and watched a movie to pass the time. A few hours went by and the smoke had started to clear a bit, but still not enough to let them play outside. So Mike gathered them around the table again and opened the scriptures and read to them Doctrine and Covenants 101:81 "for men ought always to pray and not to faint." Another prayer was offered, gratitude given for the progress that had been made, and another request that the smoke would clear up a bit more. I love that he takes the opportunity to teach them, to help them learn of the gospel and gives them opportunities to build their testimonies. I love him. I love them, and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment