Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First things first...get your water.

I have been asked a lot where do I start with my provident living. 
Well, I think the best answer is, Just start... Start somewhere. But I recommend you start with your 72 hour kit. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH WATER! We get so caught up in getting those dumb backpacks, and calorie counts that we totally forget about it. Water is way more important than the food, first aid or anything else you could put in. Store a 2 week’s supply of water (1 gallon per person per day). Buy 55 gallon barrels, get several 5-6 gallon jugs, or fill up empty soda/juice bottles. Make sure it is food grade plastic, but not milk jugs as they deteriorate too quickly! 
{I almost wrote Mike and I, which is kind of a joke, he funds the operations and that's about it} So I chose a 55 gallon tank from costco.com   
We also have about 25 gallons between gallon jugs, pints, and water bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment