Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Command central

As I'm sure you know, I'm totally a type A personality, and I like things in order and I like to visually see organization. In the next house {because I don't have a wall big enough in this house} I will set up command central. I want it to be a place where everyone can look and see what we have going on, So I don't have to spend hours explaining and answering questions. Chores that need done, how they should be done, the monthly calendar, upcoming events, a place to put the mail, etc.

I want it to start with something like this...
I want 1/2 of it turned into a calendar and the other half left for notes. Like Mikes to do list. He hates when I give him a job and before he's done I give him another one. He prefers I just write it down and let him do it at his own pace.

Plus a cute magnetic board to put papers from school that need signed or whatever else I need to look at and don't want getting lost when a kid lays it on a counter.

Plus a place to put the days menu... I don't want to have to answer 5 times when I'm asked repeatedly by 5 different people.

A designated place to put the mail. No matter who checks it they will put it here, So I know it gets to me.

I love these ideas for house hold rules!
A place to put the keys
Of course it won't be complete without a little Pottery Barn.
All arranged beautifully on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment