Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yay for cute free clothes!


Well, Today wasn't a total waste. I am proud to report that I was productive... sort of. I did get Brent's onesies done...

I made my sister cut them out... That's the part I hate. While she did that,
I made the girls some matching pillow case dresses.
{They look much cuter on, however, my girls were not in modeling moods}
 I wish I could say I "threw them together" in 10 minutes. But that would be a lie. Normally, {not running on pregnant brain} They do only take me 10 minutes, But I messed up the ruffle and had to redo it and that took me like an extra hour. Literally. So I guess I threw one of them together in an hour and the other in 10 minutes, after my brain had warmed up. So, today was productive, and I saved a bit of money. If I had bought all of this on Etsy, {Which, I'll be honest, If I hadn't gotten around to making them, I would have bought them} I would have easily paid well over $100, but because I had all of the fabric for everything already, and had some leftover onesies in my sewing box, It was free. WooHoo! For cute free clothes for my kids!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so tie onesies are on my list of things to make. How hard were they? I recently made an applique'd initial and realized that sewing on onesies... is a totally different ball game than on a T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- how about you tell us HOW you made the dresses? :) Because I've been thinking about making Bailey one but I'm skeered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I don't use a pattern for these dresses. I hold them up, guess the height, and wing it. It's worked so far. There are a million free tutorials for pillow case dresses. But I'm really just too lazy to take pictures through the whole process. I'll find you a good tutorial and send it to you though.

    ReplyDelete