Wednesday, July 27, 2011

 
The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.
—Unknown Author
 
 I found this quote in a booklet I was going through at my moms house. I've been thinking about it a lot, and can't get it out of my head, and can't stop thinking about what it really means. We certainly don't have the most by the worlds standards. However, there is not a person in the world who could tell me that we aren't the richest people in the world. We adore our children. We are grateful for the challenges that they lay before us everyday. We love our lives together. We have a place to call home, because we're here together. I think once you start focusing on the things you have, instead of the things you don't, you begin to realize that you don't need the things of the world. This has been a hard lesson for me to learn, and I don't know if I'll ever be done learning it. Not because I don't realize the many many blessings that I've been given, but because I love pretty things. I love fancy clothes, I love shoes, and jewelry, and make up and we all know I love me some Clarins self tanner. I don't think it's wrong to want these things, or even have them, however, I do think that there is a point where you realize you don't need them. I realize that... but, I still want them. But they aren't important at all compared to this sweet little family that we have that is centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment