Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Miss Kynzi Bianca Hicks









Would you believe that this sweet little thing is going to be a year old tomorrow?!? Where does the time go? What a sweet little blessing she is to this world. I am so thankful that she was sent to our family. The first thing I ask the doctor every time is " does it have hair?" It became a joke in our family because Blake and Lala were so bald. So of course the first thing out of my mouth was, "Does she have hair?" and Mike and the Dr. Bing both said "Yes, Tons!" I thought they were lying and trying to be funny, and sure enough this cute little thing came out with a MOP full of black hair! I was SHOCKED! and so excited. I finally got her! She is what I had pictured my babies would look like from the time I could imagine them! Not that Blake and Lexi weren't cute, they just looked polar opposite of what I thought my babies would look like.
She has the sweetest personality and melts my little heart. She is calm, easy going, independent, and of course she already has a bit of sass to her. {she is my child after all would you expect anything less?}
She is very aware and has fantastic motor skills. She eats everything in sight, and loves baby dolls. {or bothering her sister by taking them, I haven't quite figured it out} She also already has a shoe problem, she will spend 30 minutes at a time trying on everyone's shoes {also, my kid}. I finally got a "mommys kid" FINALLY!! Blake and Lala prefer Mike over me, and quite honestly it doesn't bother me, by the time he gets home I'd rather they go to him anyways. But not Kynzi, she wants her mommy! And I don't mind one bit because she is also our first cuddler. The other kids from the time they could lift their head up wanted nothing to do with cuddling.  It's so funny to see how different each child is. They came from the same genes, and yet they look so different, have different interests, have different strengths and weaknesses. It's so challenging to find the most effective ways of teaching each child, disciplining each child, and finding and meeting their individual needs. It's been a pleasure to be this sweet perfect little girls mommy. And for the most part, because she was my #3 there will be a number 4, she isn't the child that drove me over the edge. She has been the perfect addition to our family. Happy birthday my beautiful little one. The pleasure has been mine to be the one to bring you into this world, to tend your needs, and to enjoy your presence. You are a blessing to many, and have so much to offer this world. I adore you, and love you with everything I have. Happy Birthday.

1 comment: