Saturday, September 17, 2011


You remember that movie scene where the kid is running as fast as he can after the school bus, and can't catch it? And the bus driver can't see him and just keeps going? I feel like I'm that kid lately. There really isn't a minute that someone doesn't needs me. I'm running and running only to get a little closer to the goal, just to have it a tad bit out of reach. I went to Target last night... All by myself. It was awesome. I'm not going to lie, I probably circled the store twice. Just to waste time. {And as a side note, still managed to get out of there for $35} It was so nice to be alone for even just an hour. I came back in the door to chaos. A screaming baby, other kids needing dinner, one wanting to be held... I looked at Mike and laughed and said... Can I leave again?!?
Things settled down, Kids were fed, Scriptures and prayers were had, and bedtime came. Finally. I sat down to work on my lesson for Sunday school tomorrow, and came across this scripture.


 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
 We are atroubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in bdespair;
 aPersecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not bdestroyed;

I totally feel like this is me right now. A friend of mine posted a status update yesterday that said,
"Is it possible to feel overwhelmed and at peace at the same time?...I think that's the best way to describe how I'm feeling right now"
I say yes. Because that's me too.
What A beautiful mess. This is exactly where I thought I would be 10 years ago. All I wanted to do is be a mommy to lots of cute little babies. I wouldn't change A second of the chaos for the world.
When I think about everything and everybody that I am responsible for, I panic. However, When I am in the midst of the tasks of the day, I manage them. I get them done without hesitation. I know I can do it. I don't know how I manage, By all accounts, its doesn't even make sense to me. I could sit on the couch and feel overwhelmed and sorry for myself, But I've made a choice to do my best. Even if sometimes it's not good enough. That's okay. Nobody can do it all, and nobody can do it all perfectly...But who says I can't try to?
I'm doing my best, and that makes me a supermom.

1 comment:

  1. Kyrsten, you're awesome. I've been thinking about you a lot recently. I'm so glad you had that time to yourself at Target. :)

    ReplyDelete