Friday, September 9, 2011

Not forgetting me.

People ask how I have time to blog... Well, nursing with a Boppy pillow, sitting at the computer is the only time I really have anymore, Look Ma, No hands. lol.

As you all know, I use retail therapy to deal with sadness or frustrations, or really anything else. I like to shop okay. That was the old me, the new "provident spend no money" Kyrsten has found other ways. Thanks to a conversation that went a little something like this...

Me: I may or may not be using retail therapy to cope with some post partum feelings right now...
Mike: NO! Find another way.
Me: Okay I will... after I buy this one jacket.
Mike: DO NOT buy that jacket.

 

This is the jacket...
Isn't it gorgeous? Never mind that I have the same jacket in grey sitting in my closet. And about 5 other Lulu jackets. HELLO?!?! I live in Florida... I can't even wear jackets 9 months out of the year.   
I had every intention of buying that jacket, even after this conversation. Well, I'm still married, so obviously I came to my senses and I didn't buy that jacket.
The whole point of this story...
I have found other ways to "vent." I love creating. I love my blog and feel like it's a reflection of who I am and who I want to be. It is my "ME" time. That's how I have time to blog. It keeps me sane and makes me happy. I think that every mom has to remember who she is and the things she loved to do before kids. I adore my children, and doing things {or everything} for them, But If you don't take time to be who YOU are, Not just Mommy, I think you will go crazy and be depressed.
I love to create
I love to sew
  I love to craft with my kids,
I love to play my violin and the piano. {No, I am not good at the piano. So don't be telling the bishop I am, I don't need a calling of that sort, It would be BAD for everyone}
I love to run,
I love to exercise.
I love to play dress up and put make up on and wear sexy shoes.
And I also love being a mommy. 
It's all about balance. I don't think I have a perfect balance of things yet, But I am working on it. And I'm not sure if there is a perfect balance. It's a day by process. 
And I love every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment