Friday, September 9, 2011

Why does everything happen at once?

When it rains it pours I suppose. 
Why did my blender die?
Why did my kitchen aid mixer die? {Okay I know the answer to that, its 15 years old.}
Why did my sewing machine die? {Okay someone may have left it in the garage after the move and it rusted thanks to our water softener breaking}
Why are the hospital and NICU bills coming in the mail all at once?!

Does this ever happen to you? I really hate spending money on necessities. 
The good news is, All of those things can be replaced, or paid for. Our sweet little family is healthy safe and happy. Life is good.
Now, for the fun!
I got a new sewing machine!!!!
The Singer Brilliance 6199. I am so excited. It's not a Bernina, But really, I don't know if I could handle that much machine... This one fit the budget and would fill the needs that I would require. And when I mentioned the price of the Bernina embroidery/sewing machine I wanted Mike laughed. Point taken. I'm happy with my little Singer and know that she will serve us well. I am excited to take just my little LaLa on a date to the fabric store and let her pick some fabric and a pattern. And buy a few new feet for my sewing machine! I have had my eye on a ruffling foot for ages. Oh how fun! I hate hand gathering. It takes forever.

So as for the mixer, I'm borrowing my moms Kitchen Aid {It's her backup. She also has a Bosch} for the time being.
The Blender... Well, I can promise Mike will NOT spend $400 on a Vitamix right now...So maybe another cheap little one from Costco. I have all the time in the world to buy the finer things in life. Right now, NICU bills need to be paid, babies need food in their bellies and clothes on their backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment