Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter

I'm just slightly obsessed with these egg cartons. No, They have basically nothing to do with this post, But I am in lust with them. I'd say that they are going in the kiddos baskets, However, The company that makes them doesn't ship to the United  States... Seriously? How is that even possible? You shouldn't be allowed to sell stuff online if you don't ship to America. Anywho, I'm still working on a way to get them in my possession... I NEED THEM, The possibilities are endless. {You must look here} Okay, anyhow, on to the baskets...

So, I've been thinking a lot about what to stick in the kiddos Easter baskets... I'm not a huge fan of filling their baskets with candy. They get plenty of that during egg hunts and such. So, I keep candy in their baskets to a minimum. So, Here's what I'm planning on stuffing those little baskets with...


a movie

a new football for blake {A little one}

books

socks and undies

bracelets 

toothbrushes

little kelly dolls

pool toys

stickers 

a new transformer {playskool transformers rescue bots, best toy ever}

chapstick or lip gloss 

a leap pad game 
 So, I know that if you add all of these items up, and multiply it by 4 kids, it equals a LOT of money... Here's how I keep it frugal. I picked up leapfrog games on clearance at target and used a target coupon on them, making them about $12 each. veggie tales movies are like $5 if you buy the pack of them at Costco. And socks and undies, I have been putting off buying them for about a month now, so that I could put them in their baskets, So that's money that had to be spent anyways...
As a tradition, I always grew up doing a money hunt, It was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So we put quarters and dollars in eggs and let the kids find those when they come down to get their baskets. Last year they didn't really care much, But Blake has recently taken a liking to "dollars" so hopefully he will enjoy that a bit more this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment