Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving


We've been a bit under the weather this past week. 3 sick kids, Plus a sick mommy plus some asthma attacks, and that about sums up the week. And of course we still had to make the rounds for Thanksgiving. It's nice having 2 of the 3 sets of grandparents in town, However, It makes for a lot of time in the car on Thanksgiving. Of course Mike played in the turkey bowl that morning. This was the first year we didn't take the whole family. Tired Mommy + chasing 4 kids.... Not something I was up for. Then of course there was more food than we could possibly eat. Oh it was GOOD! Well, I know that I'm late to getting this post up, But I just wanted to make a list of the things I'm thankful for.

The gospel of Jesus Christ. And my membership in his kingdom. The knowledge that I can be with my family not just til death do us part, but for eternity.
For the Temple, and the covenants it has allowed me to enter into with my father in Heaven, and the blessings that come from being true to those covenants.
For the scriptures, and for the peace and direction that they offer.
For my husband. I could never describe how much I love him. I'm thankful that he has a job, And grateful that he works so hard to provide for our family, And that he supports me in staying home with our sweet children. I really admire and adore him. For the man he is, and for the man he wants to be. For the worthy priesthood holder and patriarch of our home. I'm grateful for his example, And his devotion to our father in heaven. I think he's as close to perfect as they come.
For my children. I love the things they teach me. I love to laugh with them, and I am thankful that I have been allowed to be their mother. Yes, It was hard for me to get them here, But I am thankful for the times that God allowed me to suffer in those pregnancies and deliveries. In those times, I was blessed with the opportunity to gain a stronger testimony of the Atonement of our Savior. I'm so so thankful that Blake and Brent came out of the NICU healthy. I'm thankful that I was given those experiences. I learned things that could be learned no other way.
For a home.
For cars to drive.
For the gym. For the sweet women that take care of my babies everyday.
For our families. We have such a wonderful support group.
For righteous examples who I want to pattern my life after.
For the ability to feed our family. And the security of knowing that we have sufficient for our needs.
For Blake's teachers. He is learning and progressing so well thanks to teachers who care.
For the ability to pay our bills. I remember very vividly what it feels like to not have enough.
I'm grateful for the financial lessons that we have learned. Even if it was the hard way.
I'm grateful for the talents that I have been blessed with. And, Well, for the things that don't come so easily that I have to work at. It teaches me patience.
For the ability to serve those around us.
For our health. Yes, Everyone has some minor issues, But really, We are all healthy.

There are a lot more things that I can think of. But they are things that would have no significance to anyone else but me. Maybe all of this has no significance to anyone else, But this one was really more for me. I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and took the time to thank God for all that he has given you. Everyone has something to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment