Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another way to save money and feel pretty.

I have a ton of things I want to blog about, but I just can't find the time right now.

I think that it's really important to do things for yourself, especially right after you have a baby and aren't quite feeling like yourself. Well, one thing I love is to have my nails done. Not so much being at the salon, but just having them look pretty. But it is SO expensive. Well, I had gotten around it being so expensive by having them just paint my nails instead of a full mani or pedi.  Well, The problem with that is that they chip so fast. So... Here is my solution.
Yep, Did those myself. I found a french wrap kit at Sallys.

A french wrap is just a little piece of white plastic that you glue to the tip of your nail. No chipping and it lasts about a week and a half and then they just peel off. The kit cost $30... Hear me out. You're thinking for that price I'll go to the dang salon... The kit has enough tips for 12 times. Thin and thick whichever you prefer. Plus the salon top coat that you can never find...The super awesome kind that is really shiny and dries super fast. You know what I'm talking about right? Plus the glue, and 2 nail files. So, Long story short, It takes like 10 minutes from start to finish, You don't have to go to the salon, and pay for a babysitter, and its way cheaper. It comes out to about $2.50 each set. I pointed out to Mike, I went from spending $40 for a full set, To about $12 to just have them paint my nails, and now, down to $2.50. I'm finding that I really don't have to give up any of the luxuries of life while being on a super duper don't spend money budget. I just have to be a bit more creative and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment