Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tonight I literally wanted to scream and cry at the same time. My house was disastrous, I didnt make dinner, I am way behind on everything I needed to accomplish in the day, and Mike left for scouts. In the middle of the bewitching hour. Kynzi and Brent did not get naps today and were screaming in surround sound, And then Brent puked a little in his high chair. Not so bad, What's a little more chaos in the midst of 4 tired hungry needy kids. I think to myself, If I can just get two of them down for bed, I can make it... As I am changing his diaper he projectile vomits all over himself, and the white carpet. Add to that the major diaper rash he has that I am trying to clean off his poor raw red bum, while he's vomiting. I literally just wanted to scream, cry, and walk up to my room, close the door, and disappear. Pretend it wasn't my life. Well, Unfortunately that wasn't an option. Long story short, it's been a long rough night for me, and I am in a pretty terrible mood. So, I decided to drown my sorrows in some really delicious cookies. Yes, I am an emotional eater. But I only ate one, So I am an emotional eater with self control. Okay, actually I have no self control these things are just really really sweet and one will do the trick. And it worked, I feel better already. 



Meltaways

1 C. butter
¾ C. cornstarch
¾ C. powdered sugar
1 C. flour
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
In a medium bowl, cream butter until fluffy.  Add cornstarch & sugar and blend well.  Beat in flour until thoroughly mixed.  Drop by small teaspoons onto baking sheet & flatten out with the bottom of a class. (Dip glass in powdered sugar to prevent sticking).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on wire rack & frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (3oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
½ t. vanilla
Mix all ingredients together.  Color with food coloring if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment