Friday, August 17, 2012


 This is what happens when I skip a week of blogging. We get a massively long post about everything under the sun.  My life is a mixture of chaos and boredom right now. I've been laying in my bed or in the rocking chair for the last week. I finally broke down and went to the Dr. and got some antibiotics. I really didn't want to spend another $100 on the Dr. and prescriptions after our massive dentist spending month, but after I could hardly stand up I figured I should go.
LaLas teeth were way worse than Blakes. She had one crown put on, and 6 cavities filled, and still has 3 cavities that still need filled. And if you're wondering yes, I brush my kids teeth. I had hyperemisis with both pregnancies and so they didn't get the minerals and nutrients that they needed to form their teeth buds correctly. LaLas two front teeth grew in with two holes in them. So they will basically be cursed with cavities and fillings their entire life. I told Mike, hey at least after they have all their teeth filled or crowned there eventually won't be anything left to get cavities! He didn't think that was so funny. I'm probably the only mom that prays their kids teeth fall out. No teeth = no cavities...

I feel the need for some massive organization. Routine, scheduel, lists, charts, etc. Blake starts school Monday, and LaLa starts the Monday after. Lists and organization come naturally to me, thank heavens. Because we need it. On the to do list today is planning the months meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is no way in heck I am letting my kids eat school lunch, So I am making them pick their own lunches {pictures from online} And then we will keep a calendar with pictures so they know what is to eat {And what they need to pack, More on that in a sec} and I can stick to a plan and budget and keep my sanity. I intend to make them pack their own lunches three times a week. I will show them the picture and leave them to their own devices to pack it. Obviously because they are still very small, I will check their lunches and make sure they have food to eat. But I am also super excited to make them some cute bento lunches. I would love to say that I could do this every day, But I don't have that kind of time. So to be realistic and not set myself up for failure and also give my kids some responsibility, The plan is to make cute lunches twice a week, maybe Monday and Friday. And then they will learn to follow direction and learn to take care of themselves by packing their lunch Tuesday - Thursday. Lunches will be made the day before to avoid any more chaos in the mornings. And clothing will be picked out and laid out the night before. Breakfast has to be quick and filling, crock pot, Make ahead casseroles, and easy stuff to throw in the microwave from the freezer, Cinnamon rolls, waffles and pancakes. {homemade obviously} Except maybe the waffles, I don't have a waffle maker and the Vans waffles are awfully delicious. And cheap when they are BOGO.
I am officially married to an old man, Mike turned 30. 30 years old. Like officially out of the twenties. Oh my word. He sure is a good lookin' old man though.
My baby is one! I looked at Mike and said, this is the last first birthday we are going to celebrate. I was a bit sad, He seemed pretty okay with that fact. {That may or may not have had something to do with their one AM bonding session the other night.} He's starting to think about walking, and to be honest, I'm okay with that.

The house is coming along nicely. We have stairs, windows, a sliding back door, {Which may not seem like a big deal, but it is. It means a lot to us to have a door to the back, Because that means we have a yard for our kiddos to play in again. We have missed it and will not take it for granted again. And it's the coolest back door ever, It slides into the wall and disappears completely!} Perfect for parties. So come on over! And we have singles on the roof. The roofers were up there yesterday. Man they are some brave workers! They were walking on the roof like it was no big deal. I would be terrified and I sure wouldn't be slinging around a ten pound nail gun to throw me off balance! It was pretty cool to watch them. 



We walked through and were able to get the feel for the layout. It was so cool to go upstairs and see the rooms and imagine how I'd decorate and where I'll put what. And it will be awesome to wake up and not have a kid or two in my bedroom on the floor, because I'll have a door that actually locks. And hopefully they will want to stay in their rooms because they will have their own space. I will never build a house again. The anticipation and the waiting are killing me. I'm not a patient person, and I like instant gratification. When you buy a house that's already built, it's already there and you just have to close and move in. When you build one, the weeks seem like months. We have had the decision made since January that this is the house we were going to build. It's been a long 8 months. On the bright side... I only have to pay the rent ONE MORE TIME!!!! That makes me beyond giddy with excitement.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment