Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer break has taught me a few things. First, that I am a creature of habit, structure, routine, scheduel, planning whatever you want to call it. And we have none of that right now. And I am not one of those people who can stay home. I'd go nuts. People ask me how I take all 4 of the kids out and about by myself... Really, it's easier for me to keep them going than it is to have them bored at the house... They destroy everything. Not in a "they are bad kids way" Just in a "I'm bored and my mom is crazy to think that a 30 min. movie would be more fun than toilet papering the upstairs loft" kinda way. Yeah. No joke, that happened. I mean, Can I please just shower for 10 minutes without ramifications? Please? So, We are still trying to find our scheduel. And in all honesty, I don't think we're going to find one. We go to the gym every morning, and then the younger 2 have to have naps, while they do that, I clean up, and do laundry, while Blake and Lala work on some preschool packets, and then we work on sight word flashcards. {Blake is doing really well with those.} I've been trying to do some crafts for the kids as well as swimming/splash park. But still finding time to do the things that I like to do. I think I'm learning a hard lesson right now... I'm {Still} trying to find the balance between keeping the house clean and organized, and spending quality time with them, and still doing things that I like to do. It's a bit easier to include the older two in things like cooking or sewing projects, but it's still hard to just let the dishes and laundry pile up, and hold a sleeping baby, or cuddle up on the couch with them. I'm learning. But I also feel the need to hurry up and learn to leave the laundry before these sweet babies are gone and off to school. I don't know, I suppose we all feel guilty at one time or another. And I guess I'm not feeling too guilty as much as I'm wishing they were all a bit bigger so we could go places and do more things together. Life is really good and I suppose I'm just needing to learn how to enjoy it and savor each day.

A quick update on our last week.
Made some cute dresses for the girls. How did I not manage to sneak a picture of them on sunday? UGH! And some cute coordinating bow ties for the boys. Which in the process, I learned that Mike isn't a fan of bow ties...
Made some very cute PJ's for Kynzi. Knit fabrics don't scare me one bit any more. I'm pretty proficient with them these days.
I'm wishing that it was October 20th already. That's our new closing date. or somewhere close to that.
The house is coming along... at turtle pace it feels like, but it's moving along.
I'm lusting after a new sewing machine... That I can't buy until October, or later... And then I'll have a house to fill with furniture, so that may be on the back burner for a bit longer... Sorry mom. I hope you don't need your machine back anytime soon.
I have a million plans for decorating the new house, and can't buy any furniture yet! Mostly because I have no where to put it. UGHHHHH. Majorly frustrating.
That about covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment