Sunday, June 24, 2012

I love my job

Cutest bosses ever!

Just another day at the office!
It's a rough job, but somebody's gotta do it. {Let's see how long it takes Sarah to beat me for putting this picture up. Since my best friend rarely reads my blog.} 
Okay so most days I do sit for 30 minutes or so and chit chat and have a protein shake at the gym, But that's really about the only time that I get to sit down until the kids go to bed. 
I will say that being a stay at home mom is hard. Exhausting. Frustrating. Takes LOTS of patience. Is physically and emotionally taxing. 
For example, Just now as I was writing this, Brent is tired and starts crying for a bottle and a nap, So I get up to fix him that. Lexi is screaming "lullaby lullaby lullaby" At the top of her lungs to "soothe" him. Kynzi sees that Brent is getting a bottle and starts doing some rain dance type thing, waving her arms and dancing around in circles, clapping and babbling in Kynzi language "baaaabaaaaa baaaaaaabaaaa"{Yes I still occasionally give my 2 year old a bottle. My thoughts are that she's small and underweight and she needs the calories and if that is the only way she will drink them, I'm going to give it to her. And she's going to need braces from her finger sucking habit anyways. Think what you will. I don't care.} And lets not forget about Blake... He's asking for seconds on cinnamon rolls. Sure kid, I'm not busy, let me hop over and grab that for you, right this second.
But you know what? I love it. I love almost every second of it. {Let's be honest, some seconds are less than fun.} I love that they need me. I tell Mike all the time how much I love that he needs me. And I love to serve them. I was thinking the other day what I would be doing if I weren't a stay at home mom. And you know what, I couldn't think of anything else that I love doing more than what I do, and couldn't think of anything that I am better at. I am good at being a house wife. I am good at cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of babies, running the household finances, and everything that comes with running a household. 
My name is Kyrsten and I'm a Mormon, a Mommy and...
A tutor
A seamstress
A laundry lady
A CFO
A cleaning lady
A teacher
A lifeguard
A Chef
A referee
A dishwasher
A Nurse
A playmate
A handy man 
A proffesional organizer
A party planner
A professional errand runner
A diaper changer
A bottler maker
A grocery shopper

The list goes on... Depending on what day it is. It's hard, But I Really LOVE LOVE LOVE my Job, and the wonderful man that makes it possible for me to live out my dream. This is exactly where I thought I'd be and where I wanted to be 10 years ago. 
Well, Minus the mini van ;) But it's grown on me.

1 comment: