Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy mothers day.

This is the day I became a mom.
I hadn't met this little guy {Blake} until several hours after he was born.
This is the day our little lala joined us.
Kynzi "The Beast" Surprisingly, She was the easiest delivery.
And finally our little Brent. Lets not talk about his delivery... Not so easy.


I learned on December 13th 2006 the love that could not be understood until I saw that little boy. I felt as if my heart was broken when I didn't hear him cry and saw him turn blue. I told my Heavenly Father to take my breath away and give it to that little boy, and I meant it with every fiber of my body, and every part of my soul.
The months leading up to all of their births, were literally a living hell. I felt pains mentally and physically that I couldn't comprehend before I was in their midst.
The months after every birth were equally as trying. Battling with a demon that tried to get me to forget my role in our Father in Heavens plan.

My story is not much different from any other mothers, the experiences may differ, but the love and anguish that fills a mothers heart is the same. The sacrifices that we have made for our children are unfathomable.

That love is shown in the humble and small things. Making a sandwich, cleaning a cut knee, chasing monsters from the closet.

“There are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things.”
― Mother Teresa

I learned to do the small things by the examples of some of the most humble women.
My mothers. My Grandmother. And the sweet women who have rocked my children in their arms everyday and loved them as their own. Thank you for teaching me to cherish the small moments and take pride in the small and simple acts of service. I am grateful that those acts were performed for me, and that that love was shown to me. I am grateful to have been given our Fathers trust, to raise these sweet spirits.
An excerpt from my favorite talk:
Now, sisters, why are you a symbol of Christ? As Jesus shed His blood, to give spiritual life and eternal life, what then is the role of those who have the opportunity to be mothers? They shed their very life’s blood to give physical, mortal life. And so the birth process—how we all enter this world—is literally a symbol of being born again, a symbol of the Son of God shedding His blood. In fact, Elder Matthew Cowley, a former member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, said this,
You sisters belong to the great sorority of saviorhood. You may not hold the priesthood. Men are different, men have to have something given to them to make them saviors of men, but not mothers, not women. You are born with an inherent right, an inherent authority, to be the saviors of human souls.
Therefore, it is expected of you by a right divine that you be the saviors and the regenerating force in the lives of God’s children here upon the earth (Matthew Cowley Speaks, 1976, 109).
You, as a woman, whether or not you have the opportunity to bear children, belong to the sorority of saviorhood. I don’t know if I have heard anything more beautiful than that. It is an incredible statement.
 Jack R. Christianson

No comments:

Post a Comment