Friday, December 9, 2011

More vitamin C please... And pass the Kleenex please.

We are sucking down more vitamin C than you could imagine. My kids don't seem to mind :)
 We are sick... I have gone through more Lysol than I normally do in a year... And I have washed everyones bedding every day this week. I'm over it...

Since we've been sick, We have a lot more time on our hands. I'm not going to lie, I love the gym, and I love working out. I'm super stubborn and when I get sick, I normally just "sweat it out" literally.
Since having Brent I've almost been sick nonstop. First recovering from childbirth, No big deal.... Oh except for the fact that it was number 4...Way worse after every kid. I was hopped up on pain killers for a couple of weeks. Then a sinus infection, Then a double ear infection, mastitis, another ear infection, and an infected wisdom tooth. And now this. I think it's just a NASTY NASTY virus, But of all of these this is what finally knocked me out. Um, and let's remember that I have 13.1 miles to run in 3 weeks. I'm not nervous about that, I know I can do it, And I know I was ready before this virus hit me. But now, I'm really nervous that it's going to be freezing at 5AM and I'm not going to be 100% better, And my lungs are going to HATE me... So, We may lay low for a while so that we aren't exposed to too many more things. As of now, We have a cesspool of germs cultivating in our house from several sources, The gym, Blake's school, Mike's work, And church.

We haven't been to the gym this whole week. I'm ready to be back at it as soon as this sickness leaves us, But it's been nice to have a little extra time to work on a few projects. And I've learned a few new things! {What did people do before youtube and online tutorials?}
Anyways, I am so excited about them, and can't wait to share with y'all. But, None of them are finished. Soon though. Very soon!!
In other news, I ordered new violin strings and bought some new sheet music. I had forgotten how much I love playing my violin and how much I love bringing joy to others by the gifts that God has blessed me with. I wish I had enough time in every day for everything. Hours for the gym, Hours for music, Hours for crafts, Hours for tea parties and baking cookies, Hours for playing dinosaurs, Hours for snuggling babies, Hours to date my sweet buby, Hours to study the scriptures and read books, All while my house stays clean and my laundry stays caught up and folded. Oh well. I'll pick a few of my favorites and let the not so important things slip a little every once in a while. When my kids are grown, I'll have plenty of time to wash laundry and do dishes. But I probably won't have the chance to play dinosaurs and have helpers to bake cookies with. So for this week, I'm kinda glad we're sick, Because I'm just playing with babies and hanging out with my good lookin' hubby.
Finding joy in my journey. 

'I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now.'
~ President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment