Friday, December 2, 2011

Apple Nachos

So, I needed a little treat... But I didn't want it to be too bad... You know, Because there wasn't any more room for error after my Twix fix.

So, Here come the Apple Nachos. I'm only slightly addicted to them :) I found the recipe here.
  • 3 crispy and slightly tart apples (we ♥ honeycrisp! yum…)
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 3 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
The only thing I did differently than she did was melt the chocolate chips. For 2 reasons, I don't like hard chocolate. It has to be melty, Second, I didn't use as much chocolate. I put the peanut butter in a ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner and drizzled it that way. Same with the chocolate.

But If Its just me, I cut the recipe in half, Because let's be honest, I'd eat the whole thing myself.

1 comment: