Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chicken Divan {cleaned up a bit}

I'm still sick... I haven't been knocked out like this since I can't remember. I've been hopped up on percoset and Ibuprofen Since Late Sunday night. My "Virus" Turned into a sinus infection, that turned into the mother of all double ear infections. Mike took the last 4 days off to take care of me... And run the house while I was asleep in my bed all week. Really, I probably slept 40 out of 48 hours Monday and Tuesday. I did venture down to the couch yesterday... Today, I really am not feeling any better, But decided that if I wanted a paycheck next month, Mike had better go back to work. He can't sell cars if he isn't there, and if he doesn't sell cars, We don't make any money. Pretty simple really... But I did tell him that if selling cars doesn't work out for him, he'd make a very hot male nurse.
Since I've been out of commission, Dinner {minus the night that Sister Jac "Awesome" Trunk brought us dinner} has consisted of panera take out, outback take out, lots of chick fil a, and some arbys and taco bell. Gross right? Well, I'm still not feeling awesome, But I really want some real food. Homemade goodness, You know? But healthy, So it doesn't sit on my gut and make me feel nastier. So, I know it's not rocket science and everyone has their own take on it, But here's my version of Chicken Divan with rice.

6-8 cups of Brown rice cooked. {Stick it in the rice cooker about 2 hours before you want dinner ready}

2 cups of cooked chopped chicken breasts. {I took the easy way out tonight and bought these}
1 head of broccoli chopped and very Lightly steamed. {You want it to still have a little bite to it. Not mushy}

1 pack {or can} of cream of chicken soup. {you can add another can or mix it with a bit of water depending on how much sauce you like. We don't like a whole lot, And this particular brand is runnier than Campbells}
8 oz of cheese- You can use Parmesan, {More traditional of broccoli divan} But we like sharp cheddar.
Spray a 9x13 casserole pan, And sread rice over bottom evenly. layer chicken and broccoli. Pour the cream of chicken soup over the top and sprinkle with cheese and sea salt and cracked pepper. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 40 for about 20-30 min until cheese is buby.

No comments:

Post a Comment